Ann Bagnall, whose WordPress blog Annie’s Blog is on my ‘Must Read’ list, has honoured me with a nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! I must preface by saying that regrettably it has taken me quite some time to publicly acknowledge and thank Ann for this recognition. I wholeheartedly extend my sincere appreciation to Ann for this honour and assure our dear writer friend that regardless, this award is greatly appreciated.
In Annie’s words “I love words that bring me pictures and pictures that bring me words”.
As a writer one embraces the written form of creative expression in the hope that their readers experience a sense of visual and inspired journey through the words they have just read and absorbed. There is no greater reward for a writer than to receive recognition for his or her written expression from peers and their readers alike.
Annie is herself an inspired and inspiring writer whose blog I would strongly encourage each of you to visit and experience first hand. We are each in our own way inspired to share in written and/or pictorial form those life events, relationships, surroundings and otherwise deeply meaningful things about our lives that summon our senses, stimulate our emotions, compel us to reach out to our fellow humanity.
For so many of us the wonders of the internet, this remarkably powerful and time virtual transference of data around the globe to our targeted blogosphere audience and beyond is a miracle of technology that encapsulates that conveyance in millisecond and perpetual existence.
What we share is indeed a great passion and for many of us the reward of recognition, respect and admiration is an affirmation of sorts, an inspiration to relent in the pursuit of sharing what we do again today, tomorrow and in the days beyond.
Today I would like to extend my sincere appreciation to Annie for this nomination and indeed for the inspiration that she affords us all through her own blog posts. The diligent support of all writers for each other is a critical element of our networking process in the spirit of greater community awareness, a growing audience and the inspired continuation of that shared conveyance.
Rules of Nomination: Our ordinance of following for this nomination would be as follows:
1.) Display the award logo on your blog.
2.) Link back to the person who nominated you.
3.) State 7 things about yourself.
4.) Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
5.) Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
- My father was an architect and my mother an angel from the heavens. Though they are both sadly gone from us now they have greatly inspired what I have and will continue to write. My beloved wife Andrea has and always will be a critical influence in that regard.
- Travel has forever influenced my connection with humanity. Without people on this earth life would not be worth the living.
- I live on an island off the west coast of Canada in the Pacific northwest. The remarkable beauty of the island and coastal mainland has been a great inspiration to my writing. The care and balance of our nature, environment and sensitive ecosystems cannot be understated.
- I am read in over 85 countries and beyond my first two books of poetry and prose a third book of verse is nearing completion. I will continue to write for as long as life inspires the muse within. Writing has become a powerful living force within me.
- Years upon years ago a little dog named Jamie became on of the greatest influences in and of my life. He was precious, my best friend and companion, a bond the strength of which will never be broken nor forgotten.
- My career has spanned thirty years in a quest for the highest standards of life and living in the work and living spaces of my many clients. There is no greater gift than a heartfelt word of thanks…nothing.
- My sole quest in the journey of life is to enhance the living of another. My dear late mother shared many important and valued things about life but for me none more important nor inspiring than The Golden Rule: ‘Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.’ Imagine a world where in this we all believed…
In that same recognition of inspired blogging as extended to me here by Ann Bagnall I herein nominate the following 15 individuals for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. They have each in their own way made such a positive impression on me and compelled my follow through what they share:
Understanding that life in all of its demands takes us in many directions..and so to the nominees…please know that your participation in these nominations for Very Inspiring Blogger Award are voluntary. For each of you so nominated I extend special thanks and friendship for all that you continue to share with your exceptional talents.